Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WCS not showing in 7.0.230.0 WLCs in licenses center

Hi,

We've been upgrading our WLCs to 7.0.230.0 but I've notifced after they have been upgraded they no longer appear in the controller section in License Center on the WCS. They still exist in the WCS and the audit the configuration jobs are working. I've also tried manually triggering the Controller License Status background tasks and this runs without reporting any errors.

I thought it may be because the WCS was at a lower version but I've now upgraded this to 7.0.230.0 also but the WLCs are still missing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY

WCS not showing in 7.0.230.0 WLCs in licenses center

Hey,

Lower versions of WCS do not support 7.0.230.0. You had to be on WCS 7.0.230.0 before your upgrade your WLCs.

I have upgraded my stuff two weeks ago. I upgraded WCS first. My problem was that after upgrade WCS could not audit some WLCs. Config synch background tasks fail for couple of devices when it runs; it fails for those that I could not audit.

I opened a TAC case already but the problem disappeared later without doing anything from my side!!

Removing then adding WLC to WCS did not work for me to solve my problem. you can try it to solve your problem.

I have WiSM WLCs so I have no licenses in my WLCs. So my WLCs do not normally appear in license center in WCS.

What is your hardware model? 5508 I guess?

If removing then adding a WLC form/to WCS did not solve your problem you probably need to open a TAC case because it looks like a bug.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Views
Helpful
Replies