Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WCS-PLUS-UPG-100 license

Hi, I need to know in what operating systems Windows or Linux I can install the WCS WCS-PLUS-UPG-100

I need to know if I can use win2003 or 2in2008, do you know the detail?

I have this:

AIR-MSE-B5-C3-W25MSE 3355 Bundle: MSE 3355, 3K   CAS,25 WIPS,100AP WCS PLUS UPG
AIR-PWR-CORD-NAAIR Line Cord North America
SWMSE3355K9-70Cisco 3355 Series Mobility Services Engine SW Release 7.0
AIR-MSE-3355-K9ZMSE 3355 Bundle PID; EQUIVALENT TO AIR-MSE-3355-K9
AIR-CAS-3KC-K9Context Aware License For 3K Clients and Tags (RSSI based)
AIR-WIPS-AP-25Wireless IPS License, Supporting 25 Cisco Monitor Mode APs
WCS-PLUS-UPG-K9ZWCS PLUS BUNDLE PID; EQUIVALENT TO WCS-PLUS-UPG-K9
WCS-PLUS-UPG-100Cisco WCS PLUS Upgrade License for 100 APs, Windows/Linux
Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WCS-PLUS-UPG-100 license

Take advices from Leo and maldehne above. But I think you already got WCS so you can not decide now to replace it with NCS.

Installing the license on the WCS system is done from it's GUI, so it does not matter if hte WCS is installed on win2003 or on RHEL. (there are two flavors of WCS, one for windows and one for Linux. the license you have should work with both. the license is not a platform dependent).

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
8 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

WCS-PLUS-UPG-100 license

If you are planning to use WCS, my recommendation is DON'T.

WCS is about to be replaced by the NCS

Cisco Employee

WCS-PLUS-UPG-100 license

First of all WCS can be installed on windows 2003 server or Linux redhat.

The upgrade license can be used only if you have bse license with x aps and you want to add more

features like location tracking , you can buy a feature upgrade license like the one above with the same

number of x aps as your current base license.

once you have done that you can buy adder licenses for plus feature where you can increas the ap count on your WCS.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Make sure to rate correct answers

WCS-PLUS-UPG-100 license

Thanks a lot for your comments; I already have the WCS-PLUS-UPG- 100 license, thus i don´t have the option to migrate to the NCS. The customer buy:

AIR-MSE-B5-C3-W25MSE 3355 Bundle: MSE 3355, 3K   CAS,25 WIPS,100AP WCS PLUS UPG
AIR-PWR-CORD-NAAIR Line Cord North America
SWMSE3355K9-70Cisco 3355 Series Mobility Services Engine SW Release 7.0
AIR-MSE-3355-K9ZMSE 3355 Bundle PID; EQUIVALENT TO AIR-MSE-3355-K9
AIR-CAS-3KC-K9Context Aware License For 3K Clients and Tags (RSSI based)
AIR-WIPS-AP-25Wireless IPS License, Supporting 25 Cisco Monitor Mode APs
WCS-PLUS-UPG-K9ZWCS PLUS BUNDLE PID; EQUIVALENT TO WCS-PLUS-UPG-K9
WCS-PLUS-UPG-100Cisco WCS PLUS Upgrade License for 100 APs, Windows/Linux

I think that the Mobility Service Engine 3355 has included the license WCS-PLUS-UPG-100 and i need to request a Windows 2003 server and then install the WCS software and connect this with the MSE (with the WCS-PLUS-UPG-100 license), is that correct?.

I need to have the Windows requirements like HD,memory, Processor, Service Pack, etc., Do you have this? i did not find the information.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: WCS-PLUS-UPG-100 license

thus i don´t have the option to migrate to the NCS.

For US$2,500 you can generate a WCS to NCS migration license.  One benefit of using NCS (aside from function) is licensing.  For example, if you want to do High-Availability of WCS you need to purchase TWO (2) licenses, right?

But with NCS, you just need ONE (1) license.

However, one of the biggest caveat is the flavour of NCS you want.

There are two:  Hardware or VMware.  If you want to run VMware, please take not that you require ESX or ESXi.  And nothing LESS.

Before I forget, one can get an evaluation 30-day (100 units only) license.

WCS-PLUS-UPG-100 license

Thanks Leo, at this moment the client does not want to buy the migration license, I don’t know why, so I need to give them the Server Requirements to Install the WCS software in the Windows 2003 server (fisical server). Do you have the hardware/software requirements for the WCS in Windows 2003 server for 100 APs?

WCS-PLUS-UPG-100 license

Here are the requirements of the WCS

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/7.0/configuration/guide/7_0wst.html#wp1061082

HTH

Amjad

WCS-PLUS-UPG-100 license

Take advices from Leo and maldehne above. But I think you already got WCS so you can not decide now to replace it with NCS.

Installing the license on the WCS system is done from it's GUI, so it does not matter if hte WCS is installed on win2003 or on RHEL. (there are two flavors of WCS, one for windows and one for Linux. the license you have should work with both. the license is not a platform dependent).

HTH

Amjad

WCS-PLUS-UPG-100 license

Its better Migrate to NCS rather than using WCS as mentioned by Leo. WCS is out of support on Feb 2013.

Refer below link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5755/ps6301/ps6305/end_of_life_c51-556750.html

You can install WCS on Windows 2003 or Linux. To use WCS-PLUS-UPG-100 License you must have base license in WCS.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content