Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WCS power settings not always avaliable for AP ?

as titles suggests.

I have multiple controllers with ap`s assigned to them. I also have WCS which can see these controllers and AP`s.

on the controller I can set tx power levels from 1 - 7 .

on the WCS I can also set 1 - 7 and the Dbm value is also shown.

so whats my problem ? well on some AP`s when configuring from the WCS i get the drop down box for tx power but there are no options to select any power settings ? the box lengh is the same but its empty

yet on other AP`s on the WCS i get the normal 1 - 7 options so i can select power value?

i have noticed it seems to be that all AP`s that are able to be configured properly from the WCS also have cisco discovery protocol enabled. and all that i have no controll over have not got this feature enabled.

finally i have this message on the WLC

Audit done .. Config differences found between WCS and Controller

is there a way to push CDP on all AP`s without losing the existing and unique AP settings, and has anyone experienced this before.

cheers

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: WCS power settings not always avaliable for AP ?

Wait... you mentioned that on the WCS you get a drop down box and no options, but then you say on the AP's in WCS you get a drop down?

If you want to set the TX power, you should do that from the AP template. If you want to set a global TX setting that that is done in the Controller template.

Be very careful when doing an audit as it will push out all templates specified and any templates that are misconfigured.

You should be able to push out the CDP template to the AP's with no issues.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Re: WCS power settings not always avaliable for AP ?

the controller settings are 1-7

the WCS settings are 1-7 (with dbm ratings)

but.. some wcs ap settings (from configure AP) have the drop down box, but some do not ?

i have no templates, i have configured hundreds of AP`s manualy i.e antenna, channel, tx power, name etc.. as my site survey was specific and i do not use auto.

if i create a template surley it will make all my AP`s the same as the template ? so why have a template unless you want all AP`s to be the same power and channel.

Views
Helpful
Replies