Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WCS Radius Authentication issue with 2008 R2 NPS

OK, so I have my MPS working. I am  authenticating all sorts of Cisco devices and I can even authenticate  the admin login from the WCS server.  UNLESS I add more than 27 of the  custom settings in the Cisco-AV-Pair that the WCS uses to define the  logged in user rights.  Anything after the 27th setting the login times  out and the WCS denies access. I go back to 27 and it logs in fine.   There are 73 settings for the default admin user.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening or better yet, how to get around it?

I  have been searching through the MS technet to see if there is a  limitation built in to the NPS, but I have yet to find anything.

Thanks,

Rod

2 REPLIES

Re: WCS Radius Authentication issue with 2008 R2 NPS

This is weird.

Have you got any news about this Rod?
Is it happening with all user roles? or with specific role?

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Re: WCS Radius Authentication issue with 2008 R2 NPS

I have not gotten any other feedback and I have not been ablet to identify anything on technet about it.  It will happen with any role that requires more than 27 of the Cisco-AV-Pair settings.  It is working fine for stuff like the Lobby administrator logins, that require less than 5 access rules to be passed from the NPS, but that just goes to show that it is working as long as I do ot hit the 27 "line-item" limit.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content