cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Reboot After License Upgrade ?

Dennis Kline
Level 1
Level 1

I need to increase the AP license for the WCS.   As I  review the process, it looks pretty simply.  However, after uploading the license it says to reboot the WCS. 

I don't see any menu selection on the WCS to reboot it.  I could always perform a hard reboot, except that the WCS is physically located in a different location and I prefer not to travel to that site if I can avoid it.  Is there a way to remotely reboot it ?

.....dennis.kline@yahoo.com...(It takes an Act of God to fade a wireless path, but any fool with a backhoe can cut fiber)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

blakekrone
Level 4
Level 4

RDP into the server if this is on windows and there should be an option under programs for Cisco WCS. There should be a stop and start WCS services link.

If this is REdHat you need to SSH into the box and issue /etc/init.d/wcs restart.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

blakekrone
Level 4
Level 4

RDP into the server if this is on windows and there should be an option under programs for Cisco WCS. There should be a stop and start WCS services link.

If this is REdHat you need to SSH into the box and issue /etc/init.d/wcs restart.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card