Just thought I'd post back what we did in the end.
1) Backed up DB and Licenses files
2) Set up new VM Instance running Red Hat 5.3
3) Shutdown old physical server (as the license is tied to the hostname we couldn't have both servers running at the same timeâ¦ I think this is something to do with Linux.. )
4) Change the name on the new server. Disable the redhat firewall.
5) Run the install script
6) Restore the DB (just remember to use binary FTP and not ascii when transferring the backup file. Ascii mode corrupts the tar file backup and you get an error during restore of âinvalid distance codeâ)
7) Restart services
The license files are included in the DB backup. If the you don not change the host name to match the original you will not be able to start the WCS services.
Transferring Crash file from standby: Login to the Active WLC in HA.
From CLI: (Cisco Controller) >transfer upload datatype crash (Cisco
Controller) >transfer upload filename (Cisco
Controller) >transfer upload mode tftp (Cisco Controller) >transfer
This is the start of a display filter cross reference between Wireshark
and OmniPeek. The 1st installment is a table of advanced filters. More
filters will be added as time allows. It is a living doc, so check back
for changes every so often Please feel f...