Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WCSs (5.0.148) lose Terminal, Webfrontend and Web Auth

Hello,

3xWCS 4404 with 5.0.148 and WCS 5.0.56.

After serveral days, I were not able to connect to the telnet, SSH and webfrontend interfaces on all controllers. I tried management and service-port IPs. But I get ping responses from the interfaces and the Wireless LANs are also working, except the Web Authentication, which is now configured to relay the user to a special url.

In the release notes (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn501480.html#wp234299) was a caveat (CSCsi30541), but it occurs when you create a new dynamic interface, which I didn't.

The controllers respond to the WCS, so I were able to reboot them via the WCS. After that the situation is normal, until the next time.

Three weeks ago, I installed 5.0 on one of the three WCS. One week ago, I installed it on the other two. This problem occurs on the first WLC for the second time, so I assume, it can happen again.

Any ideas what could be the reason?

p.k.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: WCSs (5.0.148) lose Terminal, Webfrontend and Web Auth

It is a bug in 5.0... The controller will only respond to snmp. The workaround is to reboot. This is a bug if you are using WebAuth. i would open a TAC case to see if they have a work around as of yet, which most likely will be a ER.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies