Views
Helpful
Replies

Wds not working at layer 2

gbressanin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there anyone that configured a WDS envirenment with release 12.3.7JA2? I have already 25 AP that work in a WDS environment with primary and backup unit. These AP have the release 12.2.15XR2 and all client find the primary WDS at layer 2 ( without the command "wlccp ap wds ip address x.x.x.x"). I upgrade these Ap to version 12.3.7JA2 and now, or I configure the WDS address, or the client is not able to find the WDS unit. The problem is to configure the backup WDS in the client becouse only one ip address is allowed in the configuration.

Thank you in advance.

Giovanni

3 Replies 3

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

Check may be you are using an IAS server for authentication which will not work with WDS, only an ACS.

Otherwise downgrade or upgrade the OS. It should work well to the best of my knowledge.

As far as I know there should be no problem with WDS and the IOS release you mention. It runs with multiple APs for me.

You might want to disable the antennas on the WDS AP for testing. Maye the load on the WDS AP gets too high with 26 APs. (Cisco recommends 30 max when radios enabled, 60 for dedicated WDS devices).

I agree about the IAS server, but then again it would have not worked with a older IOS release either.

I wonder: can you use the WDS IP address specification for having multiple WDA APs in one subnet ??? Have you experience with this? This might help me.

Bas

sdobosy
Level 1
Level 1

WEB:

Use the WDS Discovery - Auto Discovery options instead of Specified Discovery.

IOS:

without the command "wlccp ap wds ip address x.x.x.x"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card