Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WDS with peap

hi

I have a big installation with about 70 offices with aps and in the hq there is acs and a wlse. can i use wds withs PEAP also or just leap? does the rough ap detection also work with peap? on an intel centrino config i saw that just within leap. we are using intel centrino and cisco cards mixed.

second q: when i configure wds i can configure domain groups with radius server in the enws ios version in the web gui i can only configure INFRASTRUCTION or CLIENT authentication over wds. in the cli i can configure both. is this a bug? or do i need one acs for client and one for infrastructur?

bernhard

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

Currently WDS does not support PEAP, only LEAP is supported. You can check in the bug tool kit for any known bugs.

easternme
Level 1
Level 1

My understanding is that WDS has two purposes. 1) fast secure roaming, which you need to use LEAP. 2) Radio aggregation, which you can use any EAP authentication method. So, if you don't need the first purpose then you can use any EAP method for radio aggregation. This would give you the ability to monitor for rogue AP detection etc...

I need WDS for the wlse for the radio management and i use peap, so it should work!?

i know that about secure fast roaming, but we dont need it.

bernhard

mschuh
Level 1
Level 1

rouge AP detection (and some other wlse features) works only with IOS-AP (not VxWorks) in conjunction with wlse. it's also possible with CCX Ver.2 compatible clients and the wlse to detect rouge AP

fast roaming is also only supported on IOS-AP (the WDS) and with LEAP

Thats not correct i have implementet yesterday wds on 40 aps with PEAP and i see the rough aps on the wlse. i think it works with the infrastructure authentication with uses leap.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card