Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Web Authentication - ACS

Hi guys:

We have an 4402 controller running 4.0.206 and a 4.1.1 ACS appliance. In the controller we are using some WLANS with MAC authentication (that works fine) and one WLAN that should be using Web Authentication. Here is the problem:

If i configure the user/pass in the ACS, and then try to connect to the WebAuth SSID, the user never gets IP and never sees the authentication page..

IF I also configure the mac-address of that particular machine, then the user gets IP and then sees the authentication page, enter the user/password and the thing works fine.

Obviously, there is no need to enter the mac-address of the user if we are just using the web authentication, but for some reason it is only working if we enter the mac-address also.

Also, in the "passed authentication" log of the ACS, we see the user/password attempt working, but in the "logged in users" we se the user as the mac-address.

weird?

any help really apreatiated :D

2 REPLIES

Re: Web Authentication - ACS

Update:

I disabled HTTPS and enables HTTP, and now it works, but the "logged in users" log in the ACS is not working now. The RADIUS accounting account is working, i see the start-stop messages, but the "logged in users" always show 0 users.

Re: Web Authentication - ACS

hello :

I want to know what's you mean connect to the webauth SSID via ACS user configured already ?

is it you mean the client can access the SSID without any layer 2 auth and get a ip address auto . and then the only security the client must pass is the web auth via a web browser ?

Views
Helpful
Replies