Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Web Authentication rules

I have recently setup Web Authentication on a WLC 4402 serving about 1,000 users.  I want this security to require users to enter a name and password to access the internet.  Everything is working great but I have found that if a user has not authenticated, they are unable to log in to their server accounts.  This is a problem because in order for them to authenticate, they need to log in to their server accounts to open the web browser to authenticate. 

Is there a way to allow the address to the server to be open so they can at least log in so they can authenticate for web use?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Web Authentication rules

Hello Darin,

You can configure a pre-authentication ACL on the WLC to allow traffic to specific locations prior to web-authentication.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0MR1/configuration/guide/cg_security_sol.html#wpmkr1129512

You then apply the ACL you create under the Layer 3 security settings for the WLAN in question.

-Pat

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

How webauth works is that the user needs to provide credential (how you have it setup) before the WLC allows access. This is the design and there is no way to allow them access before the webauth page.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Cisco Employee

Hello Darin,

You can configure a pre-authentication ACL on the WLC to allow traffic to specific locations prior to web-authentication.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0MR1/configuration/guide/cg_security_sol.html#wpmkr1129512

You then apply the ACL you create under the Layer 3 security settings for the WLAN in question.

-Pat

Thanks a million Pat.  That did the trick!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content