Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

WEB Login Fails

I have a client that is trying to authenticate users via IAS and AD account. AD logs show the authentification for the user 'wireless' has been granted. They get this error on the controller... It's the 2nd, 3rd and 4th from the top under user 'wireless'. What is invalid Service-Type 2?

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
  • Security and Network Management
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: WEB Login Fails

I had similar issues but can't remember is it was service-type 2. The fix was to remove any radius framed attributes from IAS. For some reason we had framed attributes attached to the username in AD left over from NT4 days. The only attribute I send is service-type 6 value "login".

on the EAP profile, under authentication, check to make sure the option is set to Login, and not Framed. Framed is the default setting on IAS, and the Cisco devices want this set to Login.

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
4 REPLIES
Silver

You may be running into a bug here. The bug-Id is: CSCed54962

I had similar issues but can't remember is it was service-type 2. The fix was to remove any radius framed attributes from IAS. For some reason we had framed attributes attached to the username in AD left over from NT4 days. The only attribute I send is service-type 6 value "login".

on the EAP profile, under authentication, check to make sure the option is set to Login, and not Framed. Framed is the default setting on IAS, and the Cisco devices want this set to Login.

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Attached document for your help (screens of my radius IAS server), I had the same problem with IAS and Active Directory, this integrated with web authentification and WLC.

it solves it, thankyou very much per the help.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.