cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

webauth not authenticating iphone with ios 7

CSCO11256353
Level 1
Level 1

I am using wlc 5760 with simple webauth setup.

everything is working fine on the laptops and andriod device but for iphone once connected i am redirected to the webauth page.

after entering username and password it just gets stuck and nothing shows up.

I have checked the ACS server for radius authentication but it seems iphone is not forwarding the credentials.

the SSL certificate is not trusted and maybe that is cauing the problem ?

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using a custom WebAuth? The certificate being trusted should not matter as you are already seeing the WebAuth page. Typically when iPads and iPhones get stuck after hitting accept is due to the html code for the button. That is what I have seen in the past with customized portal pages on Unified controllers. If using the controllers built in WebAuth, I would test with the passthrough or even email to see if that works and or compare the html code by viewing the source from a browser window.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

no i am using the default web page.

how i can check the passthrough or email ?

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are other guides to show you how to setup various guest portals.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/116879-configure-wlc-00.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: