Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Webauth redirect through WLC not working for Mac OSX

We have a WLC5508 setup to redirect guest users to an ISE for web authentication. We configured the Flexconnect ACL's and external authentication. It works when using Internet Explorer on a PC, or when connecting from a IOS device (iPad, iPhone). When trying to connect from a Macbook Pro or Macbook Air, I get prompted with the guest portal to login, I type in my credential, then I see a window pop up that is attempting to launch the redirect window. That window never fully comes up. I get prompted about the certificate being from an unsigned authority, and I select to trust always. If I disconnect and try reconnecting, I get the same problem.

Any ideas on why this would be specific to OSX?

Everyone's tags (7)
8 REPLIES
Silver

When you type in your credentials and hit submit that is when it is failing? Most of the time I've heard of it not even loading the page, simply displaying a blank white page without the prompts.

When you do type in your credentials does ISE change your authentication status at all? Does it seem like the request is hitting the ISE server or sticking at the client? I would view source on the Macbook's to make sure that the page is being drawn properly.

You could also use FireFox with Firebug plugin enabled to see what is going on with the javascript on the page when it does the form submit.

When I type in the credentials, it accepts it, then another web page comes up. When I do this through Internet Explorer, that next page is normally a Login Successful page letting me I am connected and a small button allowing me to logout.

That next page is what doesnt appear on the Mac. I have tried doing it through multiple browsers and it fails on all. I will try using Firefox with the firebug plugin to see what is happening. I have also opened a TAC case and am waiting to hear back from them.

Hi Brian,

Were you eventually able to resolve this issue and if yes would be willing to kindly share the resolution.

Thanks in advance,

Paulo

Blake,

You mentioned you've heard of it not even loading the page on OS X, which is the issue I have.  I tried hitting https://10.1.1.1 directly but that didn't load either.  Do you know a workaround or fix? 

Software Version: 7.2.111.3

Thanks in advance,

Devon

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Webauth redirect through WLC not working for Mac OSX

Devon,

Is this just an issue with Mac OSX or with any devices? Can you explain your issue which might be different than what the original issue is.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

This is only an issue for Mac OSX users. 

Our guest WLAN is configured with local web authentication and this is NOT an anchor  controller.  The Mac user successfully connects to the guest WLAN and recieves a valid IP addresses.  Upon launching safari or other browser it hangs at a blank white page.  I tried manually entering the address for the web-auth page but it still stayed on the blank white page.

All Windows PCs, and windows/android/apple mobile devices are working fine.

I have the same problem, with

I have the same problem, with OSX users. The device doesn't get redirected.

Anyone have a solution for this?

Fabian

Re: Webauth redirect through WLC not working for Mac OSX

I had a case where I wanted to set something similiar up I just wanted "passthrough" (discaimer page) L3 security instead of some radius authentication.

If the WLC doing the authentication is an "Anchor" WLC, then the only L3 security setting that works is the "Authentication" under "WLAN->SSID->Security tab->Layer 3" tab and enabling web-policy. Since I don't know if you use an anchor WLC I can't say if you have the same problem as I did.

I got this information from

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.2/configuration/guide/cg_mobility.html#wp1233539 maybe you have somthing there that can help.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content