Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Weird Problem!!

Hi, I really dont know if this issue is applicable here but I am desperate for help now. We have a wireless project providing internet access in a very remote location. There are wireless mesh accesspoints connected back to back by wireless Point2MultiPoint Links (P2MP). I have 2 BSU (Base Station Units) each connected to 3 CPEs. The 2 BSU's are connected to zero configuratoin 2950 switch.Below is a brief on the technical scenario:-

1. Wired backhaul subnet 10.10.10.0/27.

BSU ONE: 10.10.10.2

BSU TWO: 10.10.10.3

2. DHCP Relay 192.168.2.0/24.

Issue:

The problem is that when I connect both the BSU to the switch they perform well. But after 10-15 minutes the other BSU (10.10.10.2) starts giving huge delays and finally times out. Disconnecting the stable BSU (10.10.10.3) from the switch brings the other one up. The switch already has STP enabled.

Is there a loop in the network? Any problem with the BSUs? Are the Mesh Access Points broadcasting? How do I troubleshoot this? Your valuable comments, suggestions will definitely get me somehwere.

Attachments: network scenario, ping snapshots of the BSUs.

Regards

Sarfaraz

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Weird Problem!!

If number of clients connecting is too high it will definitely slow down the network. In that case solution would be segment them to two different vlans. You will need layer 3 device if you segment the WLAN.

Views
Helpful
Replies