Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WGB and HSRP

Hi,

I had a weird problem today, I've installed a simple network with 2 routers doing HSRP and 2 AP's in a WGB environment:

Cisco 1801 <--> Cisco 1041N <-> Cisco 1041N <-> Cisco 891

HSRP Active |    WGB Root      |  WGB Non root | HSRP Standby

The WGB was active and working before we installed HSRP, last week I implemented HSRP and it seems to communicate well between the routers. So far, no problems. However today I had to move the Non-root WGB AP a couple of meters, so I had to unplug it and plug it in again. AP seems to come backup normally and I even had full LAN connectivity/ However I could not reach the HSRP address, but I do get ARP replies for the HSRP address to my laptop.

After some troubleshooting the following seems to happen. Layer 2 connectivity between the 2 HSRP routers fails (AP unplugged). Cisco 891 becomes HSRP Active, When the AP is plugged in again and starts to authenticate to the Root AP, The Cisco 891 Router seems to become back to HSRP Standby. However all Wired clients on the Non-root AP side seems to be unable to reach the HSRP MAC address wich is active on the other side. After some searching on the switches/pc's etc. I found out that the root AP had a WGB Client of the MAC-address of the HSRP Group. It should not have it anymore, because the HSRP has been switched back to its normal conditions. Even after waiting 15-20 minutes, it did not released the WGB Client. Until disabling HSRP on the Cisco 891 and reboot the AP's, connectivity to the HSRP address was not possible.

Is there anyway to avoid this problem? Or any timeout-settings I missed?

With kind regards,

Bart Hunik     

Everyone's tags (2)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content