Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

What version of code will prevent Roaming Issues?

I have three 1230G AP's in an Emergency Room environment and have wireless carts that move throughout the area. The Three APs are running 12.3(2)JA2, are on channels 1, 6, & 11, and the clients are using the Cisco 350 cards. Only WEP is enabled.

We setup a constant ping to a device in the same subnet and our problem occurs as we move the cart and it roams to a new AP, we get four "Destination not Found" errors everytime, with each cart.

We have enabled WDS and have even taken WEP off to ensure a trouble-free connection and it still occurs. Is this a result of the version of code they have on the AP's or the clients? Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

• Security and Network Management
2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: What version of code will prevent Roaming Issues?

With Normal roaming what you are seeing is the expected behaviour. Try out fast secure roaming. For more information on this have a look at the following document, which explains what Fast Secure Roaming is and how it can be configured.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080341d2d.html#wp1052156

Re: What version of code will prevent Roaming Issues?

We are currently running WDS and the problem still remains. I think I am going to upgrade the code as several folks have stated that the version I am using has issues. Thanks so much for your time and the information.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.