Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

where can I find PI-upgrade-bundle-1.2.1.12.tar.gz?

I need to download

PI-upgrade-bundle-1.2.1.12.tar.gz because of a customer running NCS and controller v 7.3

This is the file mentioned in http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/1.2/quickstart/guide/cpi_qsg.html#wp73043

Obviously Prime infra 2.0 would be really preferable but just not possible right now under the circumstances. I understand that 1.2 is a bad version but it is still supported.

- I don't have an option to create another virtual machine

-  Customer does not yet have a license for ESX 5 so cannot work with PI 1.3 pr 2.0

Where can I find this file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Berend,

You'll probably need to get TAC to publish if for you....

12 REPLIES
VIP Purple

You could find this on Cisco product/software download page.

Downloads Home -> Products-> Cloud and Systems Management-> Routing and Switching Management -> Network Management Solutions -> Cisco Prime Infrastructure-> Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 -> Prime Infrastructure Patches-1.2.1

You can try this link as well (you should have valid CCO account & maintenance support for the product to download softwarere)

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284396249&flowid=34522&softwareid=284272933&release=1.2.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=all

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Cisco Employee

Berend,

You'll probably need to get TAC to publish if for you....

I would expect to find the file at the location rasikanayanajith menions. However it is not there. So I was wondering if there is another download location. So I suppose I have to create a TAC case for this.

Cisco Employee

Berend,

I found PI-upgrade-bundle-1.2.1.12.tar.gz on my local machine.

Please give me your CCO Id and I can special file publish it to you.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

PI 1.2 was defered and should not be used.  It's not a stable version and you should use PI 1.3!!!!!!

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott, like I said, 1.3 cannot be used because it requires ESX 5.

Cisco Employee

I agree w/ Scott that 1.2 is a very bad version.

See the link below where 1.3 will work w/ ESX 4.1on the small and medium OVA but just not the large OVA

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/prime_infrastructure/1.3/quickstart/guide/cpi_qsg130.html#wp46865

Is this perhaps your situation?

Cisco Employee

Berend,

I went ahead to publish it (you'll receive an email in the next 10-15 minutes with instructions to download the file)-

Please, at all cost like Scott suggested, try to avoid this version and get to 1.3 if at all possible.

Rob, thanks. I was able to install it successfully. Unfortuantely this environment consists of just 2 5508s and 300 APs. In Prime 1.2, the small deployment can be used. Prime 1.3 and later, this is requires the large .OVA, which depends on ESX 5, which I am told represents a sizeable investment.

Cisco Employee

Brened,

there's no reason why you can't go ahead and upgrade your 1.2.1.012 server to 1.3.0.20 keeping the same sized OVA in place-

-all you gotta do is download the upgrade installer file for 1.3

PI-upgrade-bundle-1.3.0.20.tar.gz

-run the application upgrade command to upgrade to 1.3

appliacation upgrade PI-upgrade-bundle-1.3.0.20.tar.gz defaultRepo

Once you've got it to that version you'll need to install these 2 patches

PI_1_3_0_20-Update.1.12.tar.gz, PI_1_3_0_20-Update.4-16.tar.gz

Be sure to take a snapshot 1st...

Rob,

That's interesting.

according to this document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/prime_infrastructure/1.3/configuration/guide/wst.html#wp1473305

Virtual Appliance for Small Deployment

•Supports up to 3000 Cisco Aironet lightweight access points, 1000 standalone access points, 1000 switches, and 240 Cisco wireless LAN controllers.

•4 vCPUs.

•8-GB RAM.

•200 GB minimum free disk space is required on your hard drive

but --- elsewhere I read

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/prime_infrastructure/1.3/quickstart/guide/cpi_qsg130.html#wp72760

Medium

500 total. The mix of devices may include up to:

•Wired Devices: 300

•Controllers: 5

•Autonomous APs: 300

•Unified APs: 300 <<< there are currently just over 300

•NAMs: 0

do you know which one is right?

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: where can I find PI-upgrade-bundle-1.2.1.12.tar.gz?

Berend,

The main thing here is that your ESXi should be able to support the requirement for the ova that you choose and also any further upgrades. PI 1.2 upgrade to PI 1.3... Well good luck with that. I have had many failed attempts or else PI 1.3 becomes unstable and this why I say stand up a new VM. Eventually you will have to support the requirements of PI 2.x if you ever plan to upgrade your WLC to later versions.

The rule if thumb is that your hard drive space is required. If upgrading to a new release, you need to look at the requirements for that ova. Now with CPU and memory, you don't have to follow the specs, but it will run slow and TAC will not support it.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies