Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WinXP / Aironet 1200 / Windows 2003 IAS / Dell TrueMobile 1150

All - I am having difficulties configuring the following configuration, and was wondering if anyone could provide recommendations:

Operating System: WinXP Service Pack 1

Wireless NIC: Dell TrueMobile 1150

Access Point: Cisco Aironet 1200 (IOS Version 12.2(11) JA

RADIUS Server: Windows 2003 IAS

I understand that non-cisco equipment cannot support LEAP, and have therefore chosen PEAP as the only viable authentication alternative. I have found several manufacturer (all of the above) claims that their respective products support PEAP, but have found very little documentation describing the configuration process. In addition, I have had no luck locating a useful log on the Aironet 1200 to show the authentication process, and therefore where it is breaking.

In essense, I am unable to use PEAP on my client to connect to the WLAN. It simply will not connect. When using the "Automatically use my Windows Username and Password" it simply states "Connection Failed".

I have configured a CA with a certificate provided to IAS. I have installed a user and a computer certificate on my client device from the same certifier. I have configured both my NAS (Cisco Aironet 1200) and RADIUS server client with the same shared secret key. I have configured the SSID on the Aironet to use EAP as the only means of authentication.

PLEASE, WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!!

Many Thanks,

James

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: WinXP / Aironet 1200 / Windows 2003 IAS / Dell TrueMobile 11

If you have configured the AP for EAP then that is correct.

Depending on your firmware version there is a couple of debugs you can run that will point you to either the server or the client as the source of the problem

Vx Works version eg 12.03T

:vxdiag_eap1_on

IOS versions eg 12.2(11)JA

debug dot11 aaa process

The details for these can be found at

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo1200/accsspts/ap120scg/bkscgc13.htm#1052117

or

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo1200/accsspts/b12211ja/b12211cr/cr11main.htm#2099049

May I ask...How do I view the logs after debugging is set?

Cisco Employee

You have to telnet to the AP to use these and they will appear on your telnet screen when the client attempts to log in Further details can be found in the 2 links in previous post on how to use the debugs

James - Did you ever get this working? If so, how? I'm in the same boat with LEAP and and the Dell C400 using an 1150 card.

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content