Helpful
Replies

Wired PC in Dynamic Interface Network can not access WLC

starjakelee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have a problem with a WLC.

Wired PCs whthin a network belongs to one of the dynamic interfaces in WLC can not access WLC.

The PC can not ping to WLC Mgmt. interface, also.

I don't understand why the PC can not access WLC through ethernet.

I know there is a recommendation place the wired devices seperatly from the dynamic interface. But I can not any make sense.

I'm anticipating your answer.

Regards,

Jake

2 Replies 2

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jake,

Can you ping that machine from your WLC? Also can you try pinging any other wired machine which is in management vlan of WLC from that machine which is in dynamic interface? This will rule out routing issue.

Also which release of code you are running on your WLC? Is your management interface untagged?

Regards,

Ankur

Hi Ankur,

I have experienced same thing on other WLCs and some codes too.

WLC couldn?t communicate with the client in wired network belonged to Dynamic Interface network.

I don?t believe that there are not routing issues on this case. Because, the PCs can get ping each other with the clients in same or different wired network. And the WLC can get ping to the PCs in other network which is not belonged to any dynamic interface at all.

Now that this symptom is the own feature of the WLC, I don?t understand why.

Can you ping to any wired client in same network belonged to dynamic interface?

Regards,

Jake

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card