Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless and web filter

On our campus, we have k-12 that use our network.

We have 4 WiSM and 4 4404 controllers.   Wireless network requires to go through Cisco NAC system.   Now, this "high school" need to have their wireless network to go through 8e6 R3000 network filtering appliances.   We already set up separate SSID for university and high school.  SSID are broaadcast all over the campus.

Is anyone have experience in traffic routing with Cisco Wireless (Lwapp), Cisco NAC, and 8e6 R3000 Enterprise filtering.

My manager recommend this:

The most appropriate and simplest setup is to run the device in "Invisible" mode -- packets are mirrored to the filter.  I believe this is how things are currently set up (correct me if I'm wrong), so configuration changes associated with a physical relocation should not be drastic.  Requirements for this change beyond racking the unit in a different location include:  assigning a new management IP, changing the synchronization setup on Source/Target units, definition of subnets/VLANs to monitor (depends on current filtering config) and switch configuration to push traffic to the device.  (Corrections to this list are welcome

Your thought on this?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content