cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless AP to Cisco ACS Migration

jliscano
Level 1
Level 1

Wireless newbie here and hopefully someone can help me answer this.

Currently, we use Cisco wireless 1130 AP with EAP-FAST to Cisco ACS 3.2 with username and password authentication. All is working well. We have another Cisco ACS 4.2 on a separate server and want to move the wireless 1130 AP to use the new Cisco ACS 4.2. All settings and profiles have been migrated over to the new ACS 4.2. If we change the RADIUS setting on the wireless 1130 AP to point to the new Cisco ACS 4.2, will the user authenticate automatically or will there be some type of manual intervention by the user? The environment has hundreds of laptop users. So anyone with gotchas or has gone through this, can you please share your experiences?

Thanks,

Jerome

2 Replies 2

spatel_64
Level 4
Level 4

did you upgrade currrent 3.2 data into new server or made new server from scratch. best practice I found myself is in place upgrade works much better then making new server.

I had same issue but I didn't offline old server.

I wise this will guide you..

SP

We created a new physical server with 4.2, then manually populated all the data.

What issues did you come across when your old server was still online?

Jerome

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card