Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Wireless authentication and ACS v3.2

Hello there,

I have a question for ACS v3.2 - Does anyone know if ACS has to keep the session between ACS and Windows Database open for wireless users authentications? A little history on the problem: I have a wireless LAN using ACS v3.2 and on ACS I have defined a Windows Database to be used for unknown users (which are the 99% of wireless users) A lot of users are lossing connectivity and are being prompted to re-authenticate every so often. I'm trying to troubleshoot this issue. Thank you very much for your help in advance....

2 REPLIES

Re: Wireless authentication and ACS v3.2

Questions arise here. But to first answer your question, I do not believe that the link remains open. I think the ACS does an LDAP call to the AD, and once it gets the pass/fail, it closes that session.

What type of client NIC is being used?

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Re: Wireless authentication and ACS v3.2

Thanks for the answered. To answer your question, the majority of users are using the Dell Wireless 1470 Mini-PCI Card

Manufacturer: Broadcom

Do you know if there is a known issue with this card?

Thxs!

Views
Helpful
Replies