cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Client Authentication in web brower rather than eap, leap, peap

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

I would like to know what is involved/required to setup authentication for wireless clients where they can simply connect to an open Cisco wireless AP, but have to authenticate in their web browser prior to getting access to the network. I am basically looking at being able to have clients connect to our network securly, but not have to do any real configuration on the client side. We are running Cisco 1200 Series G AP's and Cisco ACS hardware solution linked to our W2k3 domain. Any thoughts?

5 Replies 5

dcavanaugh
Level 1
Level 1

I believe you would be looking for Cisco Clean Access Products.

michael.kopp
Level 1
Level 1

additional to Cisco Clear Access (which can do lot more than just webbased login) there are following solutions

-Cisco BBSM (the main purpose of this box is to do the weblogin thing)

-Cisco SSG (Service Selection Gateway - an IOS feature) in combination with SESM (Subsciber Edge Service Manager)

I think if you only want to have web logins for WLAN, BBSM is the best choice, if you want additional securiy checks on the clients before they can access you network, then go for Clean Access.

SSG/SESM will be the high end solution.

Hope this helps

Regards

Michael

jason_fingerman
Level 1
Level 1

You could get a Cisco VPN concentrator and use WebVPN SSL encryption over wireless.

Jason

Do you have this working now.

t

Would it be possible to set this WebVPN SSL authentication using a router with VPN IOS or with a pix firewall?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: