Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless client getting excluded

Lets say i have an SSID that is using WPA2-PSK.

I have a few hundred devices on it working just fine, but there is one client which is a mobile portable X-Ray, that has a Panasonic toughbook, with a linksys card in it.

It constantly has issues staying connected on the wireless, and when i check NCSPrime it shows that it's being excluded.

As for the reason of the exclusion it says something about bad password attempts, yet it does have the correct password and connects part of the time.

Have replaced the linksys PCMCIA adapter and issue seems to go away for awhile, but always comes back.

I am beginning to think there is an issue with the laptops Operating System causing this issue.

Any idea's?                 

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

It could just be... tough to say also, but a couple things might be how crazy is your preshared key?  sometimes the special characters, etc can be an issue.  You can always run a client debug and see what your see.  Also make sure that you are only using wpa-tkip or wap2-aes... seems like I say this a lot, but it does affect clients connecting.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

It does have special characters.

And sorry it is using WPA2-AES PSK.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Try to setup a test ssid with a simple preshared key and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I will try that.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content