Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless communication & SAP

mohamedheyine
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i have a client company that needs to extend their network. i am advising them to purchase the cisco aironet 1550. they did ask me a question which i am referring to you before answering them. does the wireless AP support all the communication that is generated by SAP business one? Also, if this AP is placed outside on a over their offices, what is the estimate range that it will cover knowing that their offices are only one story high but do have a big shed that contains some production machine and metals everywhere

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Applications that run over wireless isn't the issue as if your wireless is designed properly, almost anything can run over wireless. What you need to do before recommending a product is to perform a survey and from that survey report, decide what model APs, antennas if required and quantity required to provide coverage, throughput and quality. You will be able to then know where APs need to be mounted and you will also know how much coverage you get from an ap per the client wireless requirements.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card