Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Wireless guest access

Hi Guys, I have a wireless requirement from a customer and the customer is looking for the below: 1. Wireless guest access that requires user to input email into the captive portal. But the email address must be verified that it contains certain selected domain names (e.g. example.com or example.org). Any other domain names will be rejected. 2. Customer is looking to add their own logo and change the formatting of the captive portal. Questions: 1. For email verification, does this feature come straight from the WLC standalone box or must ISE be purchased? 2. If the WLC is able to do this without ISE, any online guides that is able to do this? 3. For security reasons, am I able to limit the number of concurrent users using this captive portal? 4. How do a configure the age-out for each connected users after they have successfully logged into the captive portal? 5. Can I customize the captive portal page on the WLC and how do I go about doing it?

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

For a general description of

Try this

For a general description of redirection and captivation, see Cisco Subscriber Edge Services Manager Introduction Guide.

To demonstrate the complete capabilities of Captive Portal, you need to run it with a fully configured SSG. To configure the SSG TCP redirect features to work with the configuration parameters that you installed on the SESM side, see Cisco Subscriber Edge Services Manager Installation Guide.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/subscriber_edge_services_manager/3-3/administration/guide/config/adcfg/ad_cfcp.html

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/GetArticle.aspx?docid=590450fe7a554eba9f0a44d8dd83779e_Enable_a_Captive_Portal_on_your_Cisco_Wireless_Network.xml&pid=2&converted=0

Hi Mohanak,It looks like the

Hi Mohanak,

It looks like the formatting ran out. Anyway, not sure if we are on the right topic here but let me get this straight. Customer has a Cisco 2504 Wireless LAN Controller. So, they would like to achieve the below features:

1. Wireless guest access that requires user to input email into the captive portal. But the email address must be verified that it contains certain selected domain names (e.g. example.com or example.org). Any other domain names will be rejected.

2. Customer is looking to add their own logo and change the formatting of the captive portal.

So, some of the questions I have are:

Questions:

1. There is a configuration on the WLC that allows guest users to login using email verification only. Does this feature come straight from the WLC standalone box or must ISE be purchased.

2. If the WLC is able to do this without ISE, is the WLC able to check if the inputted field is a valid email? And can I configure in such a way a particular domain is allowed? (e.g. example.com is permitted but example.org and anything else is reject).

3. For security reasons, am I able to limit the number of concurrent users using this captive portal?

4. How do a configure the age-out for each connected users after they have successfully logged into the captive portal?

5. Can I customize the captive portal page on the WLC and how do I go about doing it?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content