Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Wireless LAN Controller Module

I have a Wireless LAN Controller Module v3.2.150.6 in a 2821 router with 1200 access point converted to lightweight mode v12.3(11)JX1 which they were working very well in a lab, but now I want to change and personalize to the final network and I can?t get the access point to get registered to the controller.

When you start the AP they are in mode LWAPP discovery and they just can?t registered, they are configured with the old controller IP address, I follow the procedures to configure a username to change it and I just can?t. Also, I?m trying to upgrade the Controller to v4.0.179.8 and I get error path (see attachment), I chamged in various ways and I can?t get success.

I have 2 problems, one is with the access point to get registered with the controller and the other is to upgrade the controller module.

Any idea how can I solve the problem??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Blue

Re: Wireless LAN Controller Module

can you verify your TFTP file location and paste the results here?

from the looks of your attachment, the TFTP file should be located as follows:

c:\air-wlcm-k9-4-0-179-8.aes

is this correct? you actually put the AIR file on your 'C:\' (root)

(or is the file actually in the 'C:\WLAN' directory? if so, change your TFTP path on your controller to c:\wlan)

storing files on the c:\ (root) is usually not default behavior for a TFTP server so perhaps the file is in a different location. verify if the AIR file is located in 'C:\' or 'C:\WLAN' (or other location) and post the results if you need further help.

if your AIR file is in fact on the C:\ (root), then perhaps your TFTP server has restrictions on who can connect and download. verify you've removed restrictions in your TFTP configuration.

2 REPLIES
Blue

can you verify your TFTP file location and paste the results here?

from the looks of your attachment, the TFTP file should be located as follows:

c:\air-wlcm-k9-4-0-179-8.aes

is this correct? you actually put the AIR file on your 'C:\' (root)

(or is the file actually in the 'C:\WLAN' directory? if so, change your TFTP path on your controller to c:\wlan)

storing files on the c:\ (root) is usually not default behavior for a TFTP server so perhaps the file is in a different location. verify if the AIR file is located in 'C:\' or 'C:\WLAN' (or other location) and post the results if you need further help.

if your AIR file is in fact on the C:\ (root), then perhaps your TFTP server has restrictions on who can connect and download. verify you've removed restrictions in your TFTP configuration.

gpulos,

I was looking what you wrote and I occur to see the status of the XP firewall and I don?t know why it was activated and blocking the tftp application, I desactivated and I had success upgrading the Access Point.

Anyway, thanks for your help, it was very helpful.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content