Views
Helpful
Replies

WIreless limited access

mrajnarayanan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi expects,

I'm using a wireless controller 5508 and 1141 Ap.Ultimately all the AP is working as LWAP.Everything is working fine.But offen end user getting "Limited Access " .At that time network is connected but i cant ping even my gateway.

Pls advice me to solve this isssue.

26 Replies 26

Pavel Pokorny
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What is the OS of clients? There is a lot of articles on internet about problems with limited connectivity in conjuction with Win 8.1 (not Win7 or 8.0, but especially 8.1).

Is this your situation? Or problem is independent of OS?

HTH

Pavel

Hi,

OS on that laptops Win8.1. We didn't saw such problem on Win 7. It's look like with some configuration on driver side. We still under investigation for that problem.

Hi,

Try using older driver for NIC. Using driver directly from vendor (and not the one from Win) should also help.

The problem seems to be related only to Win8.1 (and some weird Windows update driver version).

HTH

Hi,

Yes, it seems like problem only happening with network card broadcom and driver from OS win 8/8.1, and wlc 5500 AP1141/1142/3600e, we have also wlc 4400, without such problem, but need more test. Now we are resolving, just disable on network card WMM, or just update driver.

Hi,

I don't think. I have seen the same problem with Intel Centrino 6300 (which is mentioned on internet). Upgrade or downgrade seems to be solving problem.

HTH

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Make sure your Access-point is on low noise channel.

ali aqrabawi
Level 3
Level 3

what version you are using ? is it 7.4.121.0 ? or 7.6 ? 

there is a similar issues with 7.6 versions with WMM enabled , if the WMM enalebed try to disable it.

does disconnecting and connecting the client again solve the issue ? (it should be :P)

We were using 7.4.100.0 and then 7.6.120.0 same problem. Yes, we have disabled WMM on SSID, they was no problem connection, no limited access.

so after disabling the WMM issue solved?

Yes, after disabling WMM, there is no problem.

open a TACcase and request the engineering image that solve this issue , 

actually i don't know the Bug ID , but it's known .

We have already opened TAC case, the problem was on client side, network driver.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card