cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless login with multiple ssid

saleff
Level 1
Level 1

We have a secure ssid and a guest ssid. Is the a way to prompt for a single username and password and if that name is guest it will automatically connect to the guest ssid? If active directory user and password it will automatically use the secure ssid? we are using Microsoft NPS/Radius, 3502 ap's, and 5508 controller.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if you are returning IEEE 64/65/81 you can do it, if you have a single SSID.

You wouldn't want your corporate on an unsecured SSID. But the you have to be doing an EAP on the guest as well.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if you are returning IEEE 64/65/81 you can do it, if you have a single SSID.

You wouldn't want your corporate on an unsecured SSID. But the you have to be doing an EAP on the guest as well.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi Stephen,

I searched for info on dynamic Vlan's/IEEE 64/65/81. This is exactly what I want to do. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Michael Burk
Level 1
Level 1

saleff wrote:

If active directory user and password it will automatically use the secure ssid?

You can also use AD to push out a policy to all of your wireless domain devices to automatically connect to the secure ssid using the users windows username and password.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card