Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Wireless Portal Problem

I have a wireless lan controller that is controlling an LWAP used in a guest area to provide a web portal. Everything seems to be working okay except for one minor issue. Let's say that you put in www.google.com into your web browser. You get the portal page which forces you to accept the terms of use. It then redirects to the default customer web page. If you load a page other than www.google.com at this point, it opens just as it should. If you try to go to www.google.com, it redirects back to the portal acceptance page.

So, no matter what web page you open first, if you try to go back to it after accepting the agreement you get pushed right back to the portal page again.

Anyone seen this or know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Michael

1 REPLY

Re: Wireless Portal Problem

I think I've seen this before. The controller is doing a DNS redirect for google.com to resolve to the controller's virtual IP address. This is how the web auth screen appears. After you login, for some reason your laptop is caching that lookup, either in the browser or in the OS DNS cache. You can try to use the command

ipconfig /flushdns to clear the local DNS cache in XP

or

ipconfig/displaydns to see the local cache in XP

I'm not sure how to see what is in your browser DNS cache.

Views
Helpful
Replies