Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Security

roopunix123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all!!

I own a wireless lan on my hotel. Every thing is fine.I am sharing internet.I have done this by natting On linux.And then one cable goes to the access point. [Access point is not doing the nat linux is doing it..] I am assignning ip via DHCP that is 192.168.1.0./24 . Now the problem is that the guest's are peering to other guests computer.They some times delete other guests file also. So what do i do now.I just want them to use the internet only. Not peer on the other guests computer..Is there any any possibility i can do. .If cisco Access Point Can resolve this issue then there is no problem for me to replace it with the cisco ones, But it should be tri mode[A/B/G] Simultineously..

Thanking You...

3 Replies 3

sethgarnar
Level 1
Level 1

You will want to add some firewall rules on your linux router to drop all traffic except for http. How to do this depends on your vers of linux. I suggest you check out some linux distros geared at being a router only. I used to use one called Clark Connect. It had a nice web based front end for management.

dopenfield
Level 1
Level 1

Look at PSPF

Publicly Secure Packet Forwarding (PSPF) prevents client devices associated to a bridge or access point from inadvertently sharing files with other client devices on the wireless network.

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/wireless/showcase?case=K16772337

nikki_carol
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Unified Wireless Network Architecture—Base Security Features. The Cisco Unified Wireless Network solution builds upon the base security features of 802.11 by augmenting RF, 802.11, and network-based security features where necessary to improve overall security.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card