cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WiSM module compatability with EAP-FAST

rangakishore
Level 1
Level 1

We are planning to install WiSM module in Cisco 6509 switch used for wireless LAN controller.

As per the document in cisco Wism module can't suppport for EAP-FAST authentication.

Please confirm WiSM module can support for EAP-FAST are not??

For WiSM module is required additional ACS are WiSM module it self work as ACS server?

Please clarify anyone about this?

4 Replies 4

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ranga,

Can you fwd me that documentation which states WISM does not support EAP-FAST? Which release are you running on your wism?

4.1.171.0 does support the same and also 4.1.171.0 has the capability of local EAP.

Have a look at this link

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/control/c44/ccfig41/c41sol.htm#wp1172157

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Ankur,

Ranga could be referring to the note in the WiSM Troubleshooting FAQ found at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_qanda_item09186a00806e39b7.shtml#username

This doc also references bug CSCse53024 that was fixed starting in 4.0.206.0 in the 4.x series. There is also a workaround stated in the bug details.

Also, are you recommending customers use 4.1 code at this point? I thought 4.0.217.0 was the currently recommended code.

Tim

Hi Tim,

4.1 does support EAP-FAST on WISM. There are lot of new features released in 4.1 release and many of the customers have already started using the same.

No doubt it's not too long this image is relesed on CCO as compared to other releases but yes I believe this image is a definetely a quality release.

Hope it goes fine in your network if you are planning for the same.

Regards,

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Hi, ankbhasi

Thanks for your reply, I saw the doucment of Cisco 6500 series wireless service module Q&A.

Thanking you,

Regards

Ranga Kishore

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card