cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WiSM Trunk Issue

voilesadte
Level 4
Level 4

Anyone know how to reset the WiSM to factory defaults? Troubleshooting FAQ suggests resetting WiSM and entering "recover-config" at the username prompt, but that did not work. I made a change to one of the gig ports and it brought down the port-channel that's dynamically configured during initial configuration. Since I can't restore the port-channel, I need to start over...

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Reseting the WLC's in the WiSM will not restore your port-channel configuration. You need to re-configure your trunk port and the port-channel on the switch and you should be okay. The recover-config at the username will just clear the wlc config. Take a look at this doc... it might help you with the initial switch configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2706/products_tech_note09186a00808330a9.shtml

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

That's how I configured initially. I have reconfigured the port-channels to the original configuration, but the high-order port-channel (that gets dynamically created when the initial port-channel was configured) can't be configured since the port-channel command only allows 1-256 and the Wism port-channel are above that.

The physical port channels are up/up, but the dynamic high-order port-channel status remains SD.

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Depending on which version of IOS you are running, it should re-create the channels on its own.

if you back out the wism config commands on the switch, it should create the interface/channels for you.

no wism service-vlan xxx

no wism module x controller 1 native vlan xx

no wism module x controller 1 allowed vlans xx,xx

do for controller 2 as well

and then re-add them.

afterwards, do the following:

sho wism status

sh wism module x controller 1 status

sh ether-channel xxx (what the wism/720 created) summary

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card