cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WiSM upgraded - AP's won't reassociate to controller

monica.mckee
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone else had this problem? I upgraded 2 WiSM's from 3.2 to 4.0 code. Now only about half of the AP's will associate to either controller. I rebooted most of the AP's, and a few then did associate. But most do not. Should I reset the AP's to default settings? Should I manually enter the controller information?? Appreciate any ideas!!

3 Replies 3

mikraus
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Some TAC engineers have recommended to me to upgrade to the latest 3.2 release prior to 4.0 as they have seen this with a couple other customers (not that this will help you now!).

I'm hoping the APs are 1131s or 1242s, can you attach a console port during the boot up process? (On the console, it will go through the discovery and join process. The log messages may tell you what is breaking.)

Believe it or not, the problem disappeared as soon as I set one of the WiSMs as the master controller. Within a matter of minutes all of the AP's that were in limbo had associated to the master. Does that sound like proper behavior or something kinda buggy??

aalsayed
Level 1
Level 1

I had same issue beofre . what i did is .. i disable and renable fore the siwtch port where the ap connected then it is ok.

and for some ap i remove the ethernet cable totlay then reconnected to make up

for the rest i create another pool in dhcp

i know it is not make secne but i make it up for mor than 700 AP ,, while i am waiting feedback from tac eng ,, and he didnt solve the problem

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card