Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WISM2 HA Failover Question.

Morning Guys,

I have a question, which I've been unable to find an answer for despite trawling the internet for hours, and I hope someone on here can help.

Here goes:

I have 2 WISM2 Controllers each in a seperate chassis in a VSS Pair.

AP SSO is working well.

We had, up until a few days ago, a primary and secondary WISM.

Now we just have a secondary.

The primary gave up the ghost. HA worked perfectly, and we are running on the secondary WISM2.

Now I have a blank WISM2 Card on my desk (The Replacment).

I took a copy of the config before the primary failed. (about 3 weeks befores, but it's current)

When I insert the WISM2 card into the chassis, I can upload the config, but will get an ip conflict (as the managment addresses are the same).

So if I boot from a fresh card, and abort the auto install, I can put the addresses in for HA, but given I'm swapping out the PRIMARY I don't want it to wipe the currently active and working Secondary.

Anyone know what the correct proceedure is in this situation?

Cheers

Matthew.

Everyone's tags (5)
3 REPLIES

Given no-one has ansered this

Given no-one has ansered this, I shall reply and closed my own threads.

The proceedure is this:

The device must have a base config, I used the menu setup (say "yes" to terminat auto install).

Once you have the device on the network and can access the management interface, the saved config can be uploaded via the commands section.

NOTE:

**CHANGE THE MANAGEMENT IP IN THE CONFIG FILE BEFORE UPLOADING CONFIG TO PRIMARY**

The device is then is ready to add to the HA Pairing in the normal way.

HA can be configured as normal on the replacement PRIMARY device only.

You can then run the "redundancy failover-force" command.

Then log into the the management IP of the replacement primary and change to the correct value in your DNS if applicable.

This procedure works for version 7.4.110.0.

Hope that helps anyone this situation.

Well, it did helped me.

Well, it did helped me. Thanks for having "auto-updated" your post.

Did you update to 7.6+? Did you setup the HA in client SSO ? Have you had a chance to observe the behavior of the HA when the VSS encounter a switchover?

Cordialement,

François

Hall of Fame Super Gold

For better result, configure

For better result, configure only the Management IP address & the Redundancy Management IP address.  The rest of the configuration should be "default".  When the new line card gets inserted the config gets pushed down from the active line card to the replacement unit. 

Views
Helpful
Replies