Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WLAN limited connection

Hi, I'm not sure if this is an AP issue or Controller issue but here's the situation:

We have a Cisco 2500 Series WLAN Controller and 10 AP's with model# AIR-CAP2602I-A-K9. Our form of authentication is certificate based. using WPA-Enterprise AES. As long as the computer has the machine certificate, it will be allowed to join the WLAN network. Including in this setup is it gets the IP address from our DHCP Server(Windows Server)

The weird thing is, we made sure that a specific unit is installed with the required certificate, was able to join the network, checked if the IP came from the DHCP(yes it was able to acquire the IP). BUT it just shows limited connection inspite of having the DHCP address.

So I doubted that it might have an issue with the WLAN adapter, I tried to connect to a 3G pocket wifi using WPA2-Personal and it was able to connect and browse over the internet.

So knowing that the adapter is good, tried to check inside the WLAN controller and its status is associated, tried to remove and rejoin and still same result. I'm not sure if I need to verify the radius server if there's a limitation for number of clients to authenticate but I doubt since this radius server is just for auth, it shouldn't have a limit(correct me if I'm wrong).

Or are there other things I need to check or am I missing something?

Regards,

Jeff

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Are you facing this issue

Are you facing this issue only with one client or ......many ?

Also check if you have enabled WMM ??? try to disable it and then try....

Its a problem with specific vendor products not with all.

Just give a try to enable/disable wmm.

Regards

dont forget to rate helpful posts

The issue happens randomly

The issue happens randomly because we have approx 600 laptops and apple devices(ipad and iphones).

Will try that suggestion and will get back to you next week.

Have a great weekend ahead!

Jeff

Views
Helpful
Replies