cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2006 LWAPP issue?

caymil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am setting up a WLC2006 with 2 AP1010's. I cannot get the controller to see either AP. When I place the AP's on a network with a WLC 4400, they are recogized immediately by the 4400 at Layer-2 LWAPP.

Since the WLC2006 only works at Layer-3 LWAPP, do I have an AP icompatibility issue with the AP1010's(since I can only get them to work at Layer-2 LWAPP)?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Chris

3 Replies 3

diro
Level 1
Level 1

Try first to connect the ap's to the controller, if the found the controller they store the ip address of the controller, then you can place them any where in your network

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

or you can add the information for DHCP Option 43 to your scope. I find it easier to add a DNS entry to your server of, CISCO-LWAPP-CONTROLLER, and point that at the IP address of the management interface on the controller.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

According to Cisco doc., L2 mode is supported by WLC 44xx & 41xx and not supported by WLC 2006. And the 1010 supports L2 mode only, so the 1010 cannot works w/ 2006. You have to upgrade the AP to 1200, 1130 or 1240 or the WLC to 4xxx. And, don't know is there any future IOS / firmware can support it. Hopes this help.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card