Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WLC 2500 Series: differences between 7.0 and 7.2 Firmwares?

Hello everybody.

I'm quite new to Cisco WLAN Controllers, thus I'm asking now (as I have to configure one from ground on): which differences exist between 7.0 and 7.2 firmwares? I have to decide/choose which of them to run, before continuing to configure my WLAN infrastructure.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

F.

Everyone's tags (4)
3 REPLIES

Re: WLC 2500 Series: differences between 7.0 and 7.2 Firmwares?

The easiest way ti find the differences is going to be ti heck the release notes for the versions you are looking at running.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Silver

If this is a brand new install the answer is simple in my mind, go with 7.2. There are a lot of neat features in 7.2 that are not in 7.0, plus 7.0 is on maintenance releases only now, 7.2 is the new main code for supporting the newer WLCs. Besides TAC generally wants you to upgrade to the latest if you call them for help so you might as well get started on the new code now when you don't have to worry about bringing the networks down to upgrade.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hall of Fame Super Gold

If you are (going to) run IPv6 then 7.2.X.

If you have alot of iPhone and iPads then 7.2.X.

If you have any more questions, then 7.2.X.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content