cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4400 Rouge AP detection

dave-ng
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently deployed a 4400 WLC, together with 5-6 Aironet 1000 Lightweight AP in our office premises.

I have configured these AP as air monitor, and plant a test "rouge AP" with no WEP (broadcast SSID) and open authentication wihin the vicinity of the lightweight APs. The test "rouge AP" was physcially connected to the same wired network as the WLC & air-monitor.

Result: The Lightweight APs was able to pick up the the planted test "rouge AP" but unable to determine if these rouge devices is physically connected to our wired network.

This is flabbering.

1 Reply 1

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

The Cisco 1000 series lightweight access points and Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers can perform rogue access point detection and containment while providing regular service. The rogue access point detection is performed across all 801.11 channels, regardless of the Country Code selected. I guess there is some issue with the configuration. Can you recheck the configuration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card