Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4402 - only present guest with web auth page once every (x) days

Palmer Sample
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I am looking to migrate our guest wireless from a third-party system to the WLC.  Currently, we change our guest password (WPA2 PSK) every (x) days.  Each time the guest password is changed and connections are made with the new PSK, guests are redirected to a terms and conditions page which they must accept.  The MAC address is then cached and the page is not displayed again until we clear the MAC cache and change the PSK.

I can almost replicate this with web auth in passthrough mode on the WLC, but it presents the guest with the terms and conditions page each time they reconnect to the WLAN, whether it be from roaming offsite or turning the wireless radio off then on.

Is there any way to have the WLC replicate our current system, where a MAC is cached and the page is not displayed until some other event takes place (changing the PSK or clearing the cache?)

Thanks!

-P

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Shaoqin Li
Level 3
Level 3

we should have some enhancements to avoid reauth via web auth in next release. please pay attention to 7.5 code release notes..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Shaoqin Li
Level 3
Level 3

we should have some enhancements to avoid reauth via web auth in next release. please pay attention to 7.5 code release notes..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Excellent - thank you!  Any idea when the next release will be coming out?

Thanks

-P

Wait ... Shaoqin, will the 7.5 code be released for the 4400 series controllers?  The current release is 7.0.240.0 - I see releases up to 7.4 on the 5500 series controllers

Thanks

-P

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card