Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WLC 5508 and SNMP monitoring

Dear all,

I'm a little bit confused about this piece of hardware.

I wonder if there is possibility of monitoring power supply and fans status (like on the other Cisco devices)?

This info is usually located in ENV-MIB, but seems to me, there is no support of this MIB. Even temperature of box is located in some weird OID.

Does anyone know, where to find above mentioned?

For start, power supply (to see through snmp, something like this via CLI):

Power Supply 1................................... Present, OK

Thanks for ideas.

Pavel

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Pavel:

Please know that the wireless LAN controllers were developed by Airespace and prior to their acquisition by Cisco in 2005, they had already created their own SNMP MIBs (the OIDs start .1.3.6.1.4.1.14179).  Since the acquisition, several former Airespace objects have been obsoleted and replaced by CISCO-LWAPP-* or other Cisco objects, yet some former Airespace objects remain in use, depending on the software train in use on the wireless LAN controller.  There are wireless MIBs for each software train in the Software Center. 

All the maintenance releases (i.e. 7.0.240.0, 7.0.230.0, 7.0.220.0, 7.0.172.0, etc.) within a given train (i.e. 7.0.something.something, 6.0.something.something, 5.2.something.something) should have the same objects since maintenance releases are only supposed to contain bug fixes, while trains introduce new features and/or functionality--which, in turn, would require new SNMP objects.

Try walking agentSwitchInfo (.1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.1.1.3):

nms-jasmine:~# snmpwalk 172.18.254.29 agentSwitchInfo

AIRESPACE-SWITCHING-MIB::agentSwitchInfoLwappTransportMode.0 = INTEGER: layer3(2)

AIRESPACE-SWITCHING-MIB::agentSwitchInfoPowerSupply1Present.0 = INTEGER: false(0)

AIRESPACE-SWITCHING-MIB::agentSwitchInfoPowerSupply1Operational.0 = INTEGER: false(0)

AIRESPACE-SWITCHING-MIB::agentSwitchInfoPowerSupply2Present.0 = INTEGER: false(0)

AIRESPACE-SWITCHING-MIB::agentSwitchInfoPowerSupply2Operational.0 = INTEGER: false(0)

nms-jasmine:~#

Hi Rollin,

Thank you for great info.

Done as suggested:

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.14179.1.1.3.2.0 = INTEGER: 1

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.14179.1.1.3.3.0 = INTEGER: 1

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.14179.1.1.3.4.0 = INTEGER: 0

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.14179.1.1.3.5.0 = INTEGER: 0

I've tried to search for ne more thing - FAN status - wasn't succesfull.

Do you know OID? I have tried this one MIB and the other you mentioned.

Thank you very much,

Views
Helpful
Replies