Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WLC 5508 CRASH ISSUE WHEN TURNED OFF

Do somebody knows whats the problem when this issue happens??

We have this wireless network operating since 4 months ago, the main scenario is that we have 2 WLC 5508 in SSO MODE, we have 3603-E Access Points.

At this time we have working 48 Aps.

This test We made it in the past to check the high availability between 2 WLC 2 times and We didn´t have some problem, but today we tried to run a final acceptance test  and we had the problem.( The redundancy summary was standby-HOT before starting the test)

The secondary WLC was as active and the primary wlc was as stand-by, we turned off the active wlc( secondary) turning off the power supply and the primary got the active role, everything was ok, the redundancy was functioning, all the aps were up, we tested all the current SSIDs and everything was ok, after that we turned on the secondary wlc and checking the redundancy summary from the GUI I saw that the redundancy summary was STANDBY-COLD, that state remained like 10 minutes and never changed to STANDBY-HOT, so I turned off again the secondary WLC and when I turned on again this same WLC all the network fell down I leave that issue like 10 mins and the network was still down, so I decided to turn off both WLC and start turning On the PRIMARY-WLC everything was ok, all the APs were registered to the PRIMARY-ACTIVE and all the network converged, but when I turned on the SECONDARY-WLC the CLI showed me that the WLC doesn´t have configuration, the wizard configuration appeared to me to start again adding the HOSTNAME and the others parameters.

At this time the network is up but is working only with one WLC(PRIMARY-ACTIVE), the SECONDARY-WLC is turned off at this time.

I collected the info I´m sending you when the PRIMARY-ACTIVE WLC started the last time.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

I'd recommend you upgrade the

I'd recommend you upgrade the firmware to 7.6.120.0.

UPDATE:  Anyone who reads this, STAY AWAY FROM 7.6.120.0.  

Thanks Leo, I´ve red in some

Thanks Leo, I´ve red in some places that there´s a FUS upgrade for the WLC, do i have to do that too or only with the IOS upgrade is ok? at this time the WLC is runninG 1.7 FUS version.

REGARDS

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Do the FUS upgrade as well.

Do the FUS upgrade as well.

Views
Helpful
Replies