cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wlc 5508 get error when use port-channel

ngo duyen
Level 1
Level 1

We have two wlc in the system 5508 and 4402.

we config HA for 2 wlc, both wlc enable LAG

When I connect 2 interface  of 5508 to 2 interface (in a port channel mode on, trunk, dot1q) of a

couple of VSS switch, I cant management 5508 through web any more, and I still can do with 4402.

If I  shutdown 1 port int the port-channel, it work well.

Do you know what happen ?

Thanks

Duyen

11 Replies 11

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Double check your etherchannel configuration on your switch and make sure you applied it to the correct ports. The two WLC's are on different port channels correct? Can you post your interface configuration and the cdp.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

hi Scott,

We have VSS ( 2 x 6509) trunk with (2 switch 4506).  one port of wlc4402 connect to one port of one swith 4506.

2 ports of wlc 5508 conect to 6509, each port connect to one switch 6509.

the config in VSS switch like this:

interface gig1/1/1

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

channel-group 500 mode on

interface gig2/1/1

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

channel-group 500 mode on

etherchannel load-balancer src-dst-ip

( I dont see this command in running config)

Okay so the wlc4402 is on a different channel group than the wlc5508 correct? If you do a show etherchannel load-balance, you will see the algorithm that it's using. Do you have the management interface tag for a vlan or is it set to "0". If it is set to "0" then you new to specify the native vlan on the trunk port. What is the channel group on the wlc4402?

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

we have a management vlan for both wlc (vlan 99). wlc4402 only trunk to sw 4506 by one port.

btw, I have test HA, when wlc5508 down, APs will join 4402 after 30s -> 60s and fallback to wlc5508 when 5508 online.

Thanks

Duyen.

Looking at the switch port configuration, you will need to ensure that LAG is enabled on the Management interface for the 5508 and that the VLAN Tag is set to 99

Also on the VSS check that the Interface PortChannel 500 is enabled and has the same configuration as the switch ports. (minus the "channel-group 500 mode on" command)

HTH

Darren

Can you post the show run-config and the switch configs? That may help us better see what is going on

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

which portion you want to know ?

interface config above, we config int vlan in VSS, Microsoft DHCP.

LAG enable, both interface g1/1/1 and G2/1/1 is L2 int.

when you create a port channel with physical interfaces a virtual port channel interface is created using the same Channel Group ID.

can you post the config for the Port Channel Interface. Also, can you post the output of the following command

show interface port500

Darren

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is LAG enabled on the 5508?

Iam sure about this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card