Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC configuration Backup with WCS

Hi,

What kind of backup is done with the configuration Backup Task in the WCS Administration.

Is this a backup of the actual running config on the WLC or is it the saved (startup) config on the controller?

Is there a way to view/edit a configuration backup from the controller?

Can I create a task on the WCS to do a cyclic/automatic save configuration to flash?

Regards Christian

2 Replies 2

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

the configuration backup is for the controllers

and the files live wherever you specified the tftp server location on install of WCS.

The WLC backup is the running config from when the backup was completed.

go to your tftproot directory to view the config

If you are running a rev that outputs in xml format AND you are not encrypting it on the WLC.

I would not try editing the file. The hash will be altered and the config backup file will be useless.

You want WCS to be able to run the command 'save config' on each controller? How handy are you with tcl scripting?

thanks for the respond.

i don't want to edtit the config file.

I have already opend the config with a notepad, but the output is not 'readable' for me.

I'am looking for a app, who shows the config backup (not encrypted) in a coherent way.

regards christian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: