Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WLC External Web authentication question about connectivity

Hello community,

I would very much appreciate your help on the following matter. I have two WLC 8510 boxes in HA setup and I want to enable External Web authentication for some of the WLANs created on them. 

The VLANs associated with each of the WLANs are L3 terminated on our upstream routers and placed in unique MPLS VPNs (one VPN per WLAN). The web server used for the Login page hosting is not in the same L2 domain as any of the WLANs' dynamic interfaces.

Wireless end users are successfully redirected by the WLC to this external Web server, however the switch_URL appended by the WLC uses the Virtual IP which based on the configuration guide is an internal, non-routable IP address.

So the question is how would an External Web Server contact the WLC in order to pass wireless end users' credentials for authentication? I have tried adding a route for the Virtual IP of the controller inside the WLANs' VPN, but telnet to port 80 from the upstream router times out.

Can I somehow change the Switch_URL added by the WLC to one that can be reachable from the External Web server?

Thank you in advance,
Eirini

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content