Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC - External WebAuth Documentation

paul.basford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I currently have a guest access WLAN setup on our WLC / WCS using the internal webauth functionality.

I would like to set this up to use External webauth (we need an external server to host ~16 different custom pages which are all branded etc) and I have found lots of information about the overall process and how to configure the controller for external webauth but I cannot seem to find any information on actually building the external web pages.

I need to know what URL the WLC forwards onto the external server, what format the reply needs to be to the WLC and ideally I would like to find a basic example external webpage that I could begin to use for testing. I have been trawling google and cisco.com but seem to find very little information on this part of the config.

Does anyone have any pointers or example external webauth pages they could share?

Many thanks,

Paul.

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Paul,

You can review the HTML code on the internal and use that for reference. Of course there is the authentication and passthrough webauth page. You can also download custom webauth templates from CCO. I have alway used the one from the wlc and provided my client with that. They were able to review the scripts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scott. Unfortunately I am looking into this remotely at the moment so I cannot browse to the current internal page to view the source. I have tried downloading the custom webauth template but we currently only have smartnet contracts on a number of 2504 controllers and these do not seem to have the templates available for download from CCO.

This current trial is being carried out on a 4402 controller but we do not have a smartnet contract on this to get access to the templates through CCO. Is it not possible to download a template from the controller through the web interface? (i haven't been able to find anything so far)

I am surprised at the little amount of information I have been able to find about this on the web.

Paul (private email me your email). I have a dozens of templates I can share with you ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Here is the default authentication.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: