Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WLC Flexconnect with AAA and MAC authentication

hi,

i am having cisco WLC with 7.4.121 version and i am having remote side access points to be connected to this controller and remote access point will have different vlan on the remote side itself.

my question is i am having  Radius authentication for the clients who are all connecting from all the access points and MAC filtering also.

My radius server is placed in the HQ where we have WLC. which method of flexconnect switchign will give be both AAA and MAc filter options to be working.

one more question,

is it possible to make each AP seperate MAC filters On the WLC.

thanks

cyril

2 REPLIES

If you are planning on doing

If you are planning on doing machine authentication i.e authentication of machine with username password by the AAA server at then this is possible using flexconnect local switching enabled provided you have your AAA server accessible via the local VLAN at the remote site.

In case you are planning on doing mac-filtering using WLC and username/password authentication using AAA server then this cannot be achieved when you enable Flexconnect local switching as you do not get an option to configure the mac-filtering on Flex-connect groups.Hence you would need to use central authentication.

Actually the best option for you is that you either deploy a local site AAA server and do both the authentications via your radius server or use Central authentication with Flexconnect APs incase this is not feasible.

Hope this clears you doubts!!!

Note: Please do not forget to rate and accept as solution incase the post is valid.

Bronze

HiAs far as i know flex

Hi

As far as i know flex-connect local mode support these both functionality.

please check the below post as well.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11702946/wlc-flexconnect-ise-dynamic-vlan-not-working

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content