Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Lobby Admin with ACS 5.1

jmarshman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Just wondering if someone knew how to configure a LobbyAdmin account for WLC 7.0 on a 5.1 ACS?  I'm very new to ACS 5.1 and need to advise as to how to configure it.

I've got the ACS policy working that allows me to login to the WLC using a user account with full rights but the Lobby admin account can login with full rights as well.  I've tried setting the custome attributes in the shell profiles with role0-mandatory-LobbyAmbassador, task0-Mandatory-Configure Guest User and task1-Mandatory-Lobby Ambassador User Preferences but it still doesn't work.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Double check you shell profile... might want to delete it and recreate it, if you are sure it is hitting that policy.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

can you rebuild the attribute, or try to put the cursor in front of LOBBY and backspace?

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have the WLC there already for management, the role for lobby is role1=LOBBY.  Of course you will have two separate policies in ACS, one for your management and one for lobby.

-Scott

I made the changes and added the rule and now I can't login to the WLC with any account.  My hit count goes up but I can't login.

You not defineing a group or AD1.  So your policy is very generic... If you look at mine, I define what group the user is in first then it looks for the others. 

-Scott

I've created the group and added the lobby admin user to that group. I added the group to the rule and I get a hit count on the role but I still can't login.

You need to define two different shell profiles, don't combine the two together.  For the wlc it is role1=ALL and for lobby its role1=LOBBY.

-Scott

I have two shell profiles configured,

On your policy, it shows only WLC-Lobby as your shell profile.  One policy should have WLC-Admin and the other WLC-Lobby.

-Scott

I noticed that and corrected it, now I can login with full admin but not with Lobby admin.  I'm checking the debug logs now.

Double check you shell profile... might want to delete it and recreate it, if you are sure it is hitting that policy.

-Scott

Can you screen shot your command sets?

-Scott

Screen shot of command set,

Okay... I though you had something there that also might be causing an issue.

-Scott

I see in your configuration that you don't have the command set field, is that becuase you are using AD as the source for your users?

Correct... I can use internal user groups if I wanted to, but I'm just testing AD for now. 

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card