Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WLC Lobbyadmin Guest Process

Hi all, I have recently setup a WLC 4402 with LWAPP 1242AG's. I have a guest SSID setup that gets fired straight out to the internet. I enabled the Lobbyadmin feature but would like to know how other people have handled getting reception to distribute the ID's.

When they log in to create the ID and click generate password, the password pops up in a browser window that cannot be copied and pasted. This then relies on the receptionist typing this correctly on a form to hand over to the guest with their details.

I have read elsewhere on this forum that a guy got a perl API to create guest accounts but I do not have the software development skills to make use of this. How do other people provide their guests with userid's and passwords?

It would be nice to have a form that could be exported telling the user their userid, password and when it will expire.

Cheers

Brian

2 REPLIES

Re: WLC Lobbyadmin Guest Process

Hi Brian.

From what I've read on this forum, most people seem to do it via WCS. WCS adds cool features to the guest provisioning process such as being able to schedule the start and end dates of the guest's lifetime, perform some basic group management operations, add customer banners and, most importantly, being able to print or email the guest's logon details.

On a grander scale than WCS, Cisco offers the NAC Guest appliance, which is probably the right way to go if you're going to offer guest access commercially or on a large scale (e.g. every employee being a guest administrator, such as happens at Cisco).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Justin

Re: WLC Lobbyadmin Guest Process

Hi Justin, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't have a WCS, guess I will have to do some sort of word document for them to use.

Cheers

Brian

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content